The AORTIC conferences provide a unique platform to bring together leading African and international health care professionals in cancer care, advocates, leaders in Government, and various members of the international health industry and global cancer community to meet and discuss cancer-related matters and proffer solutions to significantly reduce the impact of cancer in Africa and indeed around the world.
Cancer Genomics Conference: African genomic diversity
A roadmap to global equity in cancer control
The African Organisation for Research and Training in Cancer (AORTIC) will be holding its Inaugural Cancer Genomics Conference on 18 & 19 February 2021.
The virtual conference will be convened under the theme “African Genomic Diversity: A Roadmap to Global Equity in Cancer Control”.
The 2- day Cancer Genomics in Africa Conference to address basic science and clinical research on cancer genomics and genetics research relevant to Africa and people of African descent in the diaspora. This will include the following topics:
- Data Management
- Diagnostic Applications
- Cancer Genomics of African Ancestry
AORTIC 2019 was held in Maputo, Mozambique from 5 to 8 November 2019, with the theme “Cancer in Africa: Innovation, strategies, implementation.
AORTIC 2017 took place from 7 to 10 November at the Kigali Convention Centre in Kigali, Rwanda, with a pre-conference symposium on 6 November.
- AORTIC PALOP 2020 Meeting, 29 – 30 July, 2020, Luanda, Angola (Hosted Virtually)
- AORTIC PALOP 2018 Meeting, 22-24 March, 2018, Praia, Cabo Verde
- AORTIC Research Workshop , 17 & 18 January 2017, Cape Town, South Africa (prior to the AACR meeting)
- Inaugural Education & Training Workshop 20 & 21 October 2016, in Abuja, Nigeria
- AORTIC PALOP 2016 Meeting, 25-28 May 2016, Maputo, Mozambique
- AORTIC / AACR Meeting April 2016
- AORTIC ASCO Meeting 2015
- AORTIC East Africa Regional Meeting 26, 27 June 2015
For more information on how to participate please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.