Aims and Objectives:
– Develop and improve national screening guidelines for Cancers such as breast, colon, prostate and cervical cancers, as well as advice when necessary, Governments in Africa on appropriate cancer screening programs
– Promote screening guidelines through advocacy programs that are relevant in Africa.
– Provide and ensure adherence to relevant imaging guidelines for cancer diagnosis and care in Africa
– To promote accurate imaging diagnosis and follow up using established international guidelines.
– To advocate for affordable treatment for cancers that are amenable to radiologic intervention
– Promote coordinated Multidisciplinary research in Radio-oncology
– Seek funding for relevant imaging specialists with interest in Oncological imaging
– Promote the training of Radiologists in low resource settings; thereby enhancing optimal imaging and accurate diagnosis
– Organize regular training programs and workshops in Oncological imaging
– Partner with international Radiologists who work in Africa
– Encourage more Radiologists to become members of AORTIC and also to join the SIG
– Provide mentorship & support for Radiologist trainees and early career Radiologists
– Establish a dynamic, professional networking forum for African Radiologists to address challenges & obstacles of the Specialty in the Continent.
– Collaborate with existing Radiological Societies interested in Oncology to facilitate the implementation of appropriate and proper imaging Cancer Research.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.